Join Us in Building a Healthy Community!
Job Title: Development Associate
The Development Associate supports the Executive Director in creating efficient and compelling opportunities for AMOR’s donors making the experience of giving satisfying and rewarding. The Development Associate will be involved with stewardship activities related to nonprofit fundraising – such as events, campaign and relationship management – public relations and marketing:
View Full Description: AMOR – Development Associate
Job Title: Marketing/Communications/PR Manager
Responsible for planning, developmentand implementation of all of the organizational marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
The position reports to the Executive Director, and participates with the Board of Directors and staff in charting the direction of the Organization, assuring its accountability to all constituencies, ensuring its effective operation.
Within the Organization, the position has primary working relationships with the Executive Director, Capital Campaign manager and the Social Media Coordinator. Outside of the agency the position Coordinates primarily with the media.
Marketing, communications and public relations
1. Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications.
2. Responsible for all Organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
3. Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
4. Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
5. Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
Alliancefor Medical Outreach & Relief
6. Act as the Organization’s representative with the media.
7. Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
8. Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist in the marketing, communications and positioning of the Organizations activities
9. Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
10. Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing, special events and social media
Campaigns. Planning and budgeting
11. Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Executive Director and Board.
12. Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
13. Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the Executive
14. Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
15. Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, and the specific business of the Organization and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative
1. Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to develop and maintain a strategic perspective -• based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction — in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making; and, ensure the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
2. Help make sure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
3. Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the Organization’s key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services and the Organization’s relevance.
4. Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional priorities.
l. Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
2. Train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer.
3. Ensure effective management within the marketing, communications and public relations function, with provision for succession.
4. Design, support and oversee cross-functional staff throughout the Organization.
5. Effectively enable volunteers and staff so they can take action on behalf of the Organization by:
– transmitting the Organization’s values, vision and direction;
engaging people in the meaning of the Organization;
– respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and insights of people;
– providing direction and resources, removing barriers and helping develop people’s skills;
articulating expectations and clarifying roles and relationships;
– communicating which includes helping people transform information into knowledge and learning;
– encouraging people to question organizational assumptions and ask strategic questions; ensuring quality decision-making;
anticipating conflicts and facilitating resolution;
engaging people in process as well as tasks;
model behavior that practices kind authority, and accepts responsibility;
coaching people to success.
l. Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
2. Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
3. Experience developing and managing budgets, and training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
4. Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
5. Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
6. Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
7. Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
8. Strong oral and written communications skills.
9. Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
1. Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
2. Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
3. Experience working with volunteers is desirable.
4. Bilingual in Spanish
This job mainly operates in the professional office environment. This role routinely uses a vehicle to transport between sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
a) The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
b) Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
c) Requires frequent standing
Compensation: This is a paid fulltime exempt position with generous benefits.
Please visit www.amorelief.org for more information about AMOR.
To apply for this position, please click here.