It is officially 2018! As January begins to wind down, we can’t help but look back in 2017 and say thank you. Together we accomplished so much and are filled with gratitude for your generosity and support. Here are a few highlights of what your dollars and support accomplished in 2017.
Locally, your support has contributed significantly to building a healthy community here in the Central Valley.
- AMOR reached “Guidestar Platinum” seal of information and transparency.
- Created relationships with 15 Fresno County agencies committed to serving with us in the Mendota Neighborhood Resource Center.
- Partnered with Westside Youth Center in the distribution of food in Mendota.
- Worked with Westside Youth Center during the month of July by providing 25 elementary age children a summer art program at Westside Youth Center.
- This year, we introduced creative new ways to give through the year with three online giving campaigns.
In Afghanistan, your support accomplished:
- Treated more than 79,000 patients.
- The ten Community Outreach & Patient Education (COPE) clinics near Afshar Hospital continue to serve on average 1,800 patients a month.
- We vaccinated 11,746 patients.
- 1,974 babies were delivered, resulting in countless smiles.
- Purchased new equipment with a $400,000 grant from USAID’s American Schools and Hospitals Abroad (ASHA) Grant Program that includes equipment for two operating suites, a microbiology lab and a new computer system, for Afshar Hospital.
- In its second year, the Diabetes Community Outreach and Awareness Campaign, in partnership with the World Diabetes Fund, has created diabetes screening and improved health education on diabetes.
Thank you for your continued support and for joining us in building a healthy community worldwide. We look forward to accomplishing greater things together in 2018.